September 13, 2017
It's the NFL's turn for overreactions. And one of the biggest comes from the Patriots loss to the Chiefs. Adam Kurkjian (Boston Herald) joins us to discuss
- How Pats fans react to a loss like this one
- Biggest concern for the Patriots moving forward
- What did he see from Brady that caused him to go 16-36 passing
- The latest on Danny Amendola's injury and how it could effect the offense
I'll also talk about the big story lines coming out of week 1 of the NFL season. Plus, why the college football world needs to stop ignoring Lamar Jackson...he's only getting better.
Be sure to follow Adam on Twitter and read his work at bostonherald.com.
January 12, 2017
Clemson wins the 2017 National Championship in dramatic fashion. Was it a great game or just an ok game with a great finish? We'll pose that question to Brad Senkiw who covers the Tigers for the Independent Mail. Plus...
- What was his mindset when Alabama went up 14-0?
- The most telling stat from the game
- Was this a true upset?
- and can Clemson reload after losing a bunch of stars and make it back to the playoffs next year?
We'll also discuss the Chargers move to LA (and new boring logo), and why the NFL might have a popularity issue in the coming years.
And of course we'll hand out "Who Needs a Drink and Who's Buying". Hint: it was an easy one this week.
Be sure to follow Brad on Twitter @bradsenkiw.
January 6, 2017
We're back and better than ever! Well let's just say we're the same as ever. It's another packed show with Tyler Dunne (Bleacher Report) and Dan Wolken (USA Today). Plus we'll talk about the Giants boat ride (be smarter), Lane Kiffin being out at Bama, and the creepiness of Clemson players giving the opposition a polite gropping.
Tyler Dunne - Bleacher Report @tydunne
- How big of a mess is the Bills front office?
- Is it possible to feel bad for the Raiders right now?
- Team most likely to be upset this weekend?
- And we'll run down the list of HOF finalists, who's in and who needs to wait?
Dan Wolken - USA Today @danwolken
- How different are Alabama and Clemson from last year's teams?
- What changes will we see to the Alabama offense with Steve Sarkisian calling the plays?
- Is there a weakness to this Alabama team?
- Is Alabama's dominance good for college football?
And of course we'll play "Who Needs a Drink and Who's Buying?"
November 16, 2016
Can there be too much chaos? In college football it appears so. After the results of Saturday's games we expected a shakeup in the College Football Playoff Rankings. Then...not so much. Everything basically stayed the same. We'll check in with our friend Bill Bender from the Sporting News.
- Is the committee favoring good wins over bad loses?
- What should we be focusing on as a possible monkey wrench in rankings over the next two weeks?
- What's the real story behind Wilton Speight's injury and how does it impact Michigan?
- Who's the most surprising team in college football? (we'll see if Bill takes my bait on this one)
- And what's the next big program to cut ties with their coach?
Plus, I'll share my thoughts on the Tony Romo statement. Hint: I'm not jumping into the love fest. Is it time for the Bengals to cut ties with Marvin Lewis. And of course the 3 Must Watch Games in College Football and "Who Needs a Drink and Who's Buying?"
Be sure to follow Bill on Twitter @BillBender92 and read his work at The Sporting News.
October 12, 2016
Bill Bender (Sporting News) was good enough to take a break from covering every sport on the planet to join us for a look at College Football at the halfway point. We'll get Bill's thoughts on:
- How big is the gap between Alabama/Ohio State and everyone else?
- Who belongs in the "No Idea" group (Florida State? Stanford? Oklahoma? Ole Miss?
- What's wrong at Notre Dame and how safe is Brian Kelly?
- Handicapping the Heisman Race. Why is no one pulling away?
- If you were the GM of an NFL team would you pick Lamar Jackson or Deshaun Watson?
Plus, what's the big storyline in the NFL this year? Feels like a fairly mundane season so far.
And of course the Top 3 College Football games of the upcoming weekend and "Who Needs a Drink and Who's Buying?"
Be sure to check out Bill on Twitter
October 1, 2015
It's been a head scratching month in the PAC 12. So we bring in our PAC 12 correspondent Lisa Horne to help us make sense of it.
-Is Utah a legit contender?
-Can Colorado upset the Ducks this week?
-Why doesn't Cody Kessler get more Heisman talk?
-and is Lisa on board with our campaign to have the rankings released after week 4?
Plus we'll talk with Ryan Ballengee to put a cap on the season of Spieth. What if anything does Jordan Spieth need to work on before next year? And who would Ryan pick if the PGA went to a final four playoff format to decide player of the year?
And we'll have our weekly visit with our Fantasy Football expert Nathan Powell. It's all here in one jam packed episode.
September 21, 2015
When does a win feel like a loss? Just ask Cowboy fans. Drew Davison from the Star Telegram joins us to discuss how the Cowboys move on without their two best offensive players in Tony Romo and Dez Bryant.
How many teams came crashing back to reality in week 2 of the NFL? (Looking at you Buffalo Bills)
Plus we'll look at the weekend in college football. Lots of the top teams lost which means new ones to take the top spots. Is Ole Miss clearly in the drivers seat in the SEC?
September 18, 2015
Lots at stake in college and the NFL this weekend. We'll take a look at some of the marquis matchups heading into week 2 in the NFL and week 3 of college football including...
-Northwestern at Duke (my Prove It game of the week)
-Florida State at BC (upset alert!)
-Ole Miss at Bama
-San Fran at Pittsburgh
-and Pats at Bills
Plus we'll look at this Laremy Tunsil situation at Ole Miss. And I'll tell you why Gary Kubiak might be the biggest egomanic in football...and that's saying something!
September 2, 2015
Can you actually have a discussion about the third string QB battle? You can when one of the last names is Tebow. Josh Paunil, Eagles beat writer for phillymag.com joins us to break down the Eagles 2015 season. Yes of course we'll talk Tebow but we'll also cover...
-Is this now the team that Chip Kelly envisioned?
-Why did they decide to ship LeSean McCoy to Buffalo?
-The biggest question mark remaining as we head into week 1?
-and what are the keys to unseating the Cowboys atop the NFC East?
Plus we'll review Rolling Stone magazines list of the Worst People in College Football and look ahead to week 1 of the college football season. Yes it's here finally!!
August 24, 2015
It's time for our 2015 College Football Preview special. We've already broken down the power 5 conferences so now it's time to look at the broad landscape of stories heading into the season. Bill Bender from The Sporting News joins us to discuss the many question marks heading into the season including:
-Which team will have the toughest job filling empty spots?
-Could the Big Ten be the top conference this season?
-Should we believe the Tennessee hype?
-Ohio State's biggest obstacle to repeating
-and how far are we from going to a 6 or 8 team playoff?
Plus, we'll talk with Al Botta and Jarrett Singer, two men who are living the dream of visiting every college football stadium in the country. They'll help us construct the perfect game day environment based on their visits.
And to finish it off, I'll give you my pics for who wins the big conferences and makes it to the college football playoff (ACC fans might want to tune out).