November 29, 2017
What happens when your guest blows you off? You open a beer, open the mic and do it old school. It's time for a rambling version of The Radio Blast! Among the ramblings...
- Why the Giants are suddenly the most embarrassing sports team in NY
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly of the college football coaching carousel
- The national media and their giant Tiger boner
- and how did Lane Kiffin suddenly become endearing?
Come join us for a throwback episode of The Radio Blast!
November 16, 2017
Like it or not The U has their swagger back! Matt Porter from the Palm Beach Post joins us to discuss the Canes turnaround:
- What's different with this year's team?
- Is there concerns the Canes play to the level of their opponent?
- Who has become the emotional leader of this opportunistic defense?
- Can this offense win a championship?
- Where are they most vulnerable as we head down the home stretch?
I'll also talk Tyrod Taylor's benching and why it's clear that not many national media experts pay attention to the Bills. And I'll recap our big weekend at LSU.
Be sure to check out Matt on Twitter .
November 9, 2017
Newly engaged Tyler Dunne (congrats!) checks in to talk some of the big stories in the NFL.
- How is Green Bay coping with the loss of Aaron Rodgers?
- Zeke is still appealing and Jerry wants to sue the NFL, what is going on in Dallas?
- Should Chiefs fans be pushing the panic button?
- Is there an easy explanation for the Giants plummet this season?
- and, just how nervous was he proposing to his girlfriend this week?
Plus, why are we ignoring Lamar Jackson for the Heisman (his numbers are better this year)?
Be sure to congratulate Tyler on Twitter and follow his work on bleacherreport.com.
October 18, 2017
Stewart Mandel (The Athletic) joins us to look back at the weekend of chaos in College Football.
- Who was the big winner amongst the chaos?
- What is taking Tennessee and Nebraska so long to fire their coaches?
- Is Notre Dame vs. USC an elimination game?
- What makes Bryce Love so unstopable?
Plus, we'll talk some NFL and what is wrong with the Raiders?
Check out Stewart on Twitter and at The Athletic.
October 4, 2017
Here we are again getting sucked in by Georgia. Should we be believers this time around? Marc Weiszer (Athens Banner-Herald) joins us to discuss the Bulldogs great start including:
- Did last week tell us more about Georgia or Tennessee?
- Who should be the starter at QB Jake Fromm or Jacob Eason?
- The biggest potential for a slip up game
- The difference between a Kirby Smart coached team a Mark Richt one
- What does Georgia do better than Alabama?
Plus, we'll talk about the Texans and the Giants, two teams going in opposite directions. And why Chris Petersen was right on with his criticism of the PAC 12 late starts.
Be sure to follow Marc on Twitter at .
September 19, 2017
Can the case be made that Clemson should be the #1 team in the country? You bet. And to help us dive into the Tigers 3-0 start we welcome Brad Senkiw (105.5 The Roar) back to the program. We'll ask Brad...
- His biggest takeaway from the win at Lousiville
- How has Dabo Swinney changed the recruiting culture to follow Bama's "reload" style?
- Brad's assessment of new QB Kelly Bryant so far
- Where is the biggest challenge coming in Clemson's remaining schedule
- and of course we'll ask him to make the case for Clemson being #1
I'll also talk about the Jekyl & Hyde teams through the first two weeks of the NFL season. And why these early season rankings are so ridiculous in college football.
Be sure to follow Brad on Twitter . And listen to him weekdays 9-Noon on http://wccpfm.com/
September 6, 2017
The 2017 NFL Season is finally here! Frank Schwab (Yahoo Sports) joins us to preview the big stories heading into the NFL season including:
- The big question we need answers to in week 1
- A bigger loss Elliott in Dallas or Edelman in New England?
- What's the most intriguing division in football?
- Who starts a game first Trubisky in Chicago or Mahomes in KC?
- Frank's surprising pick for Rookie of the Year
- plus who wins more games this year the Patriots or the rest of the AFC East...combined?
Follow Frank on Twitter and read his work at The Shutdown Corner.
We're also joined by Matt Fortuna (The Athletic) to talk about our favorite overreactions to week 1 of the College Football season. We'll also discuss:
- Is that the Alabama offense we can expect the entire season?
- How worried should Kevin Sumlin and Texas A&M fans be?
- Does their week 1 game tell us more about Texas or more about Maryland?
- Can he make a case for Clemson being #1?
- and we'll play Buy or Sell after week 1
You can follow Matt on Twitter and read his work, including his great profile of Lamar Jackson at https://theathletic.com/.
And of course we'll preview the Top 3 games in college football this weekend. (It was a pretty easy list this week)
August 29, 2017
Bill Bender (Sporting News) joins us to preview the 2017 College Football Season.
- What are the implications for Alabama if they lose in week 1?
- Is the Big 10 Ohio State and everyone else?
- In the year of the QB why have we forgotten about Lamar Jackson?
- Is there a Group of 5 team that could play spoiler this year?
- and we'll play over/under on a bunch of topics heading into the season
I'll also preview my top 3 college football games of the week. And be sure to follow Bill on Twitter @BillBender92 and read his work at http://www.sportingnews.com/.
December 20, 2016
It's season two in college football...Bowl Season. We check in with our good friend Bill Bender (Sporting News) to talk about all the big stories heading into the College Football Bowl Season.
- Does Bill agree with McCaffrey and Fournette's decision to skip their bowl games?
- Which program made the best head coach hire and which made a head scratching move?
- What's the best non-playoff bowl matchup?
- Which player from the playoff teams would he take with the #1 pick?
- And finally Bill's pick to win it all
Plus, we'll look at the NFL head coaching changes (real and rumored), the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductions, and of course "Who Needs a Drink and Who's Buying?".
September 14, 2016
There's nothing funnier in sports than the overreactions that come from week 1 in the NFL. So let's jump on the bandwagon. What overreactions are you having to your team's performance in week 1?
We'll talk with Frank Schwab from Yahoo Sports Shutdown Corner:
- What overreactions should we be buying into?
- What storyline from week 1 should be getting more attention?
- If you had to chose from Wentz, Garopolo, Winston, Mariotta, and Prescott which one are you picking to start a team around?
- Is Bill Belichick the greatest coach in NFL history?
Plus we debut two new segments for the football season, "Top 3 College Games of the Week" and "Who Needs a Drink and Who's Buying?"
Check out Frank on Twitter .