November 29, 2017
What happens when your guest blows you off? You open a beer, open the mic and do it old school. It's time for a rambling version of The Radio Blast! Among the ramblings...
- Why the Giants are suddenly the most embarrassing sports team in NY
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly of the college football coaching carousel
- The national media and their giant Tiger boner
- and how did Lane Kiffin suddenly become endearing?
Come join us for a throwback episode of The Radio Blast!
November 16, 2017
Like it or not The U has their swagger back! Matt Porter from the Palm Beach Post joins us to discuss the Canes turnaround:
- What's different with this year's team?
- Is there concerns the Canes play to the level of their opponent?
- Who has become the emotional leader of this opportunistic defense?
- Can this offense win a championship?
- Where are they most vulnerable as we head down the home stretch?
I'll also talk Tyrod Taylor's benching and why it's clear that not many national media experts pay attention to the Bills. And I'll recap our big weekend at LSU.
Be sure to check out Matt on Twitter .
November 9, 2017
Newly engaged Tyler Dunne (congrats!) checks in to talk some of the big stories in the NFL.
- How is Green Bay coping with the loss of Aaron Rodgers?
- Zeke is still appealing and Jerry wants to sue the NFL, what is going on in Dallas?
- Should Chiefs fans be pushing the panic button?
- Is there an easy explanation for the Giants plummet this season?
- and, just how nervous was he proposing to his girlfriend this week?
Plus, why are we ignoring Lamar Jackson for the Heisman (his numbers are better this year)?
Be sure to congratulate Tyler on Twitter and follow his work on bleacherreport.com.
October 26, 2017
As we expected the Big Ten has become the most intriguing conference in college football. So I thought it would be a good time to check in with Dave Revsine (Big Ten Network). Dave will tell us:
- Did the PSU/Michigan game tell us more about the Nittany Lions or the Wolverines?
- How worried should Big Blue fans be?
- What makes Saquon Barkley such a unique back?
- After so many close losses, how close is Indiana from being a contender in the Big Ten?
Plus, we'll ask the question, "When will it click for Cam Newton?". And what's wrong with the Falcons?
Be sure to follow Dave on Twitter . You can also find his book The Opening Kickoff on Amazon.
October 18, 2017
Stewart Mandel (The Athletic) joins us to look back at the weekend of chaos in College Football.
- Who was the big winner amongst the chaos?
- What is taking Tennessee and Nebraska so long to fire their coaches?
- Is Notre Dame vs. USC an elimination game?
- What makes Bryce Love so unstopable?
Plus, we'll talk some NFL and what is wrong with the Raiders?
Check out Stewart on Twitter and at The Athletic.
October 4, 2017
Here we are again getting sucked in by Georgia. Should we be believers this time around? Marc Weiszer (Athens Banner-Herald) joins us to discuss the Bulldogs great start including:
- Did last week tell us more about Georgia or Tennessee?
- Who should be the starter at QB Jake Fromm or Jacob Eason?
- The biggest potential for a slip up game
- The difference between a Kirby Smart coached team a Mark Richt one
- What does Georgia do better than Alabama?
Plus, we'll talk about the Texans and the Giants, two teams going in opposite directions. And why Chris Petersen was right on with his criticism of the PAC 12 late starts.
Be sure to follow Marc on Twitter at .
September 28, 2017
So much for a quiet week in sports. Two major sports stories and we've got you covered on both. One of our favorites, Aaron Torres returns to the show to dive into the college basketball "scandal"
- Can we be shocked and unshocked at the same time about this?
- Are there any implications for the players involved?
- Did Louisville really have to cheat?
- Is there more on the way?
- Long term, could this be good for college basketball?
Plus, I'll give my thoughts on the NFL protests. As always, it's free from "hot takes".
Be sure to follow Aaron on Twitter for updates on the situation in college basketball.
September 19, 2017
Can the case be made that Clemson should be the #1 team in the country? You bet. And to help us dive into the Tigers 3-0 start we welcome Brad Senkiw (105.5 The Roar) back to the program. We'll ask Brad...
- His biggest takeaway from the win at Lousiville
- How has Dabo Swinney changed the recruiting culture to follow Bama's "reload" style?
- Brad's assessment of new QB Kelly Bryant so far
- Where is the biggest challenge coming in Clemson's remaining schedule
- and of course we'll ask him to make the case for Clemson being #1
I'll also talk about the Jekyl & Hyde teams through the first two weeks of the NFL season. And why these early season rankings are so ridiculous in college football.
Be sure to follow Brad on Twitter . And listen to him weekdays 9-Noon on http://wccpfm.com/
September 13, 2017
It's the NFL's turn for overreactions. And one of the biggest comes from the Patriots loss to the Chiefs. Adam Kurkjian (Boston Herald) joins us to discuss
- How Pats fans react to a loss like this one
- Biggest concern for the Patriots moving forward
- What did he see from Brady that caused him to go 16-36 passing
- The latest on Danny Amendola's injury and how it could effect the offense
I'll also talk about the big story lines coming out of week 1 of the NFL season. Plus, why the college football world needs to stop ignoring Lamar Jackson...he's only getting better.
Be sure to follow Adam on Twitter and read his work at bostonherald.com.
September 6, 2017
The 2017 NFL Season is finally here! Frank Schwab (Yahoo Sports) joins us to preview the big stories heading into the NFL season including:
- The big question we need answers to in week 1
- A bigger loss Elliott in Dallas or Edelman in New England?
- What's the most intriguing division in football?
- Who starts a game first Trubisky in Chicago or Mahomes in KC?
- Frank's surprising pick for Rookie of the Year
- plus who wins more games this year the Patriots or the rest of the AFC East...combined?
Follow Frank on Twitter and read his work at The Shutdown Corner.
We're also joined by Matt Fortuna (The Athletic) to talk about our favorite overreactions to week 1 of the College Football season. We'll also discuss:
- Is that the Alabama offense we can expect the entire season?
- How worried should Kevin Sumlin and Texas A&M fans be?
- Does their week 1 game tell us more about Texas or more about Maryland?
- Can he make a case for Clemson being #1?
- and we'll play Buy or Sell after week 1
You can follow Matt on Twitter and read his work, including his great profile of Lamar Jackson at https://theathletic.com/.
And of course we'll preview the Top 3 games in college football this weekend. (It was a pretty easy list this week)