August 29, 2017
Bill Bender (Sporting News) joins us to preview the 2017 College Football Season.
- What are the implications for Alabama if they lose in week 1?
- Is the Big 10 Ohio State and everyone else?
- In the year of the QB why have we forgotten about Lamar Jackson?
- Is there a Group of 5 team that could play spoiler this year?
- and we'll play over/under on a bunch of topics heading into the season
I'll also preview my top 3 college football games of the week. And be sure to follow Bill on Twitter @BillBender92 and read his work at http://www.sportingnews.com/.
July 13, 2017
We're back talking golf and not just PGA Tour this time. This one is for us weekend hacks. John Souza, Director of Instruction at John Souza Golf & Fitness Academy joins us for some really great golf tips to help get us through that mid-season lull. John will share his great insight on...
- If we only have 10-15 minutes to warm up what should we focus on?
- Favorite drill to help cure that slice
- What kinds of exercises should we be doing during the week to get ready for our round?
- Why our practice swings are perfect and then we get over the ball and everything goes to hell
Plus, John shares some insight into the history of Rory McIlroy's back issues. They have been around longer than we think.
Check out John at http://johnsouzagolf.com/ and on Twitter .
June 13, 2017
After a two month break we are back at major golf with our 2017 US Open Preview. As always we are joined by Ryan Ballengee (thegolfnewsnet.com) to help us prep for the 2nd major of the season. We'll discuss:
- What does this Erin Hills, a new course, have in store for the competitors? (Ryan has actually played it)
- Can Dustin Johnson's length off the tee overcome his poor bunker play on this "links style" course?
- Concerns over Jordan Speith's game?
- Will Phil Mickelson play in the US Open?
- Who will be in the final two pairings on Sunday?
Plus I'll discuss whether the inevitable Warriors win is good for the NBA in bringing in casual fans. And why the NHL has a problem with it's "stars".
Be sure to follow Ryan on Twitter at .
June 1, 2017
After a month long hiatus we are back and recharged. One of our favorite guests Brian Moritz (The Other 51 Podcast, sportsmediaguy.com) joins us to finally take a look into the ESPN layoffs and what it means for the sports media landscape. Does this provide an opportunity for Fox Sports 1 to finally make an impact? And we'll get Brian's thoughts on the passing of one of the all time greats, Frank Deford.
Plus, I'll share my thoughts on the Tiger Woods situation and why it's another reminder that we need to pump the breaks in situations like this.
Be sure to follow Brian on Twitter .
May 4, 2017
The 2017 NFL Draft didn't seem that exciting going in. But boy did it deliver. Lots of early dominoes fell when the Bears moved up one spot to take...Mitchel Trubisky. We'll check in with our buddy Tyler Dunne (Bleacher Report) to get his thoughts on an exciting NFL draft.
And we'll also get his thoughts on the comings and goings with the Buffalo Bills. GM Doug Whaley is out and the team announced they will not pick up Sammy Watkins 5th year.
Be sure to follow Tyler on Twitter @TyDunne and check out his work at bleacherreport.com.
April 26, 2017
It's almost Christmas Day for all the armchair draft experts out there, it's time for the NFL Draft! I gave up my faux draft expert status years ago but luckily Tony Pauline, an actual draft expert, is here to prepare us for shopping day for 32 NFL teams.
- Can the Browns actually screw up this #1 pick?
- Should we be all in on Mitchell Trubisky?
- Biggest depth position in this draft
- How will Jabrill Peppers diluted sample effect his draft stock?
- and what if players could pick their own team? Who would get the most players? Pats? Cowboys?
Be sure to follow Tony on Twitter @TonyPauline and at draftanalyst.com for draft coverage all week long.
April 11, 2017
It finally happened, Sergio Garcia is a major champion. What was different this time around for the Spaniard? Alex Myers from Golf Digest was on the course and joins us to recap the historic Masters.
- As a writer how do you prepare for a Sunday leaderboard with so many great stories?
- Was it a pro-Sergio crowd at Augusta?
- How does this win affect Sergio's legacy? Is he a Hall of Famer now?
- Does this open the floodgates for more majors for Sergio?
- Why does it seem like Rory is stuck in 3rd gear?
Be sure to follow Alex on Twitter and read his work at http://www.golfdigest.com/
April 5, 2017
The azaleas are in bloom and Tiger Woods isn't playing golf which means it must be Masters Week! We'll check in with our man Ryan Ballengee from Yahoo Sports and thegolfnewsnet.com to preview the 2017 Masters.
- How will the weather effect the tournament and who does it favor?
- Of the two new rising stars Jon Rahm and Justin Thomas, which has the best chance to win?
- How are Jason Day and Jordan Spieth mentally prepared for this week?
- What role will a "retired" Tiger Woods have in the game of golf.
- and we'll dive into the Lexi Thompson rule debacle
Plus, we'll recap the NCAA championship. Why officiating isn't the big story. And saints be praised Phil Simms is out of our football lives...for now. Tony Romo is replacing Simms in the CBS booth.
Be sure to follow Ryan all week from The Masters
March 30, 2017
Russell Westbrook is having one of the greatest seasons in NBA history. So why are we trying to knock it down? We'll look at the ridiculous reasons. Plus...
- Why can't Colin Kaepernick find a job?
- Why Kaep needs to start speaking
- The college basketball coaching dominoes are starting to fall
- Why we need to change the name of Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease (I'll explain)
- and our Final Four preview
Here's a link to Michael Rosenberg article on Colin Kaepernick that I reference in the episode.
March 21, 2017
The first round of the NCAA Tournament is in the books. We're joined by former Tarheel and current analyst for CBS Sports Brendan Haywood. He'll help us break down the first two rounds and look ahead to the Sweet 16. And we'll ask him...
- Biggest surprise through the first two rounds (Duke and Nova excluded)
- Is there a scoring issue in college basketball?
- The team he wish he had taken farther in his brackets
- Grading the officiating so far
- Who will be that breakout player of the tournament?
- and does Charles Barkley finally agree that he's an elite shotblocker?
Plus, I'll tell you two names to keep an eye on for the Indiana coaching job. And the best side story of the tournament.
Be sure to follow Brendan on Twitter . And watch him all weekend long on CBS, TBS, TNT and TruTV.