September 7, 2016
Our NFL season previews wrap up with the Buffalo Bills and the San Francisco 49ers. Two teams who struggled mightily on defense last year.
Sal Capaccio from WGR 550 joins us to look at the Bills:
- The difference in this team from year 1 to 2 of the Rex Ryan era
- Is Tyrod Taylor the long term solution at QB for the Bills?
- Should Bills fans feel optimistic that their defense can rekindle their dominance?
- The two things that need to happen for the Bills to put an end to the longest playoff drought in sports
And we welcome back Matt Barrows from the Sacramento Bee to the program to talk Niners:
- How have Colin Kaepernick's teammates reacted to his anthem statement?
- Why did Chip Kelly decide to go with Blaine Gabbert over Kaepernick?
- How can the Niners improve on their lackluster defense from 2015?
- What are the realistic expectations for this team in 2016?
Plus, we'll look back at a crazy week 1 in college football.
Be sure to follow Sal () and Matt () on Twitter for up to the minute news on the Bills and Niners.
July 27, 2015
Well it took us 78 episodes but we finally got to wrestling. Brian Solomon, the author of Pro Wrestling FAQ, joins us to talk about the history of professional wrestling.
-What were the origins?
-Was it ever "real"?
-Is Vince McMahon good for the business?
-What's next for the industry?
-and we'll put Brian through a "Greatest ever" lightning round
Plus, where does the Hulk Hogan racist rant saga go next?
May 21, 2015
Get ready sports media geeks, it's a full hour episode with the official Sports Media Consultant for The Radio Blast Brian Moritz. Brian and I sit down to talk deflategate, Bill Simmons, and should kids be allowed at press conferences. Yes we go way down the sports media rabbit hole on this one. Grab a beer...or three and enjoy.
August 18, 2014
Ok kids here's my challenge to everyone, listen to my podcast. I think what everyone is doing is very admirable. I dumped water on my head today but there are some issues I have with this whole movement. One being "how much awareness is this really creating?" So take a listen to my podcast for my challenge. It's only a few minutes long. And if you want to donate to ALS (http://www.alsa.org/) also consider donating to https://www.wateraid.org to help countries who don't have giant buckets of water to dump on their heads.