October 19, 2016
It's not all about butt beers and bros throwing bros through tables in Buffalo. The Buffalo Bills might just be the hottest team in the NFL. This week we're joined by Buffalo Bills beat reporter Sal Capaccio (WGR 550) and Bleacher Report features writer Tyler Dunne.
Sal Capaccio - Buffalo Bills 4-2 Start
- Fans reaction to Colin Kaepernick during Sundays game
- Is Jerome Felton the unsung hero of the offenses resurgence?
- How have Zach Brown and Lorenzo Alexander gotten off to career starts?
- Is it time to give the Ryan brothers credit for this turnaround?
- Can Vontaze Burfict continue to play his style in the NFL?
- Is Aaron Rodgers really to blame for the Packers loses?
- Would a return to Romo be detrimental to the Cowboys?
- Can Kaepernick still be an effective mouthpiece for change if he's not an effective QB?
Plus we'll talk About why this might be the weakest list of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees ever.
Be sure to follow Sal (@salsports) and Tyler (@tydunne) on Twitter.
September 7, 2016
Our NFL season previews wrap up with the Buffalo Bills and the San Francisco 49ers. Two teams who struggled mightily on defense last year.
Sal Capaccio from WGR 550 joins us to look at the Bills:
- The difference in this team from year 1 to 2 of the Rex Ryan era
- Is Tyrod Taylor the long term solution at QB for the Bills?
- Should Bills fans feel optimistic that their defense can rekindle their dominance?
- The two things that need to happen for the Bills to put an end to the longest playoff drought in sports
And we welcome back Matt Barrows from the Sacramento Bee to the program to talk Niners:
- How have Colin Kaepernick's teammates reacted to his anthem statement?
- Why did Chip Kelly decide to go with Blaine Gabbert over Kaepernick?
- How can the Niners improve on their lackluster defense from 2015?
- What are the realistic expectations for this team in 2016?
Plus, we'll look back at a crazy week 1 in college football.
Be sure to follow Sal () and Matt () on Twitter for up to the minute news on the Bills and Niners.
August 27, 2015
It's time to turn our attention to our NFL season previews. We start with a team that has had one of the most interesting off-seasons in the league, the Buffalo Bills. Bills beat reporter Joe Buscaglia joins us to take a look at the Bills upcoming season...
-Has the team bought into the Rex Ryan way?
-Has Percy Harvin shown signs of locker room disruption?
-Who will emerge as the starting QB?
-The one thing preventing this defense from being the best in the league
-and will the Bills finally end their 15 year playoff drought?
Plus, I'll talk about the Little League World Series and the one bit of "sportsmanship" I'm sick of seeing.
May 11, 2015
Hear that crying? It's the Boston sports media crying foul because their golden boy has to sit 4 games. We'll break down the Tom Brady suspension, why it's not just about deflated footballs, and why some media think it's not a win if Brady isn't the starter.
Plus we'll talk some good sports including Rickie Fowler's incredible come from behind win at The Players.
February 8, 2015
Say it ain't so! No more football for 6 months??!! Well we always have the combine and draft to look forward to. Matthew Fairburn from Syracuse.com joins us to take a look back at the Senior Bowl and preview the Combine and Draft. And since Matthew covers the Buffalo Bills we'll get his impression of the Richie Incognito signing and we'll ask him who he thinks the Bills starting QB will be in week 1. Bills fans you might want to cover your ears.
January 4, 2015
It's all come down to this, the College Football Playoff has given us the final two teams, Ohio State and Oregon. We'll look back at round one of the playoffs. What went wrong for Alabama and Florida State. We'll also ask Kelly Ward Sports Editor for The Crimson White if this was a disappointing season for Bama and if she thinks Nick Saban could go back to the NFL.
Plus, who's the clubhouse leader for the Buffalo Bills head coaching job.
January 1, 2015
So Doug Marrone decides to up and leave the Bills. Well Doug don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you. We'll talk about his decision and where the Bills go from here. We'll also break down the College Football Playoff semi finals.
November 10, 2014
It was a bad weekend for lots of teams. We saw 3 teams essentially eliminated from the College Football Playoff and if you're a Bills fan just remember it could be worse, you could be a Bears fan. Lots of trouble in the Windy City. We break it all down.
October 2, 2014
No not that sports madness, the madness that is week 6 of the college football season. 7 games featuring ranked vs. ranked. We'll break it all down and also, who had a worse week? Tom Watson? or Brady Hoke? Let the madness begin!
September 9, 2014
What's the one question we need answered in the Ray Rice situation, why Roger Goodell needs to give up trying to be a "bro" with the players, and why I'm not ready to pop the champagne just because Terry Pegula bought the Bills. All that plus Penn State on this episode of the Radio Blast.